Position: Officer – MRM and KCM, B-SkillFUL Phase II, Swisscontact Bangladesh
Location: Dhaka with regular visits to field locations
Duration: Initial contract of one year; based on performance, the contract will be extended up to May 2024
Reports to: Coordinator – MRM and KCM, B-SkillFUL Phase II, Swisscontact Bangladesh
Purpose of the Job
Officer – MRM and KCM will assist the Coordinator – MRM and KCM in completing all day-to-day MRM and KCM oriented tasks of the project. When required, s/he will also perform any other task(s), beyond the ones listed below, as assigned by the Coordinator – MRM and KCM.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist in formulation and update of relevant MRM documents;
- Assist in periodic review of MRM implementation, monitoring and reporting mechanism;
- Assist in preparing technical papers, reports and status reports for management;
- Assist in training and supporting relevant project staff and partners on MRM methodology, technical issues of data collection and entry;
- Assist in timely processing, analysing and dissemination of MRM findings and documents for best practices to facilitate evidence-based planning, learning and decision making;
- Conduct field missions to monitor programme implementation and verification of data provided;
- Assist in designing and implementing survey and studies; and
- Supervise data entry.
- Assist in developing all regular reports such as semester report, annual report, annual plan, etc.;
- Develop short note, thought piece or concept note when necessary for the management;
- Collect and collate lessons learned, best practices and disseminating those within the project;
- Contribute in the development of innovative approaches to strengthen learning and knowledge sharing among project staff;
- Developing case studies/success stories and various communication tools following the project and different external and internal audiences’ requirement and ensuring that the communication materials are distributed and broadcasted following the official communication plan;
- Support ToR and MoU development for partners, consultants;
- Supporting procurement of services with selection of partners and issuance of contracts; and
- Ensure compliance with terms and conditions of agreements (ToRs, MoUs, contracts, etc.).
Skills and Experience
The individual must conform to the following qualifications and expertise:
- Passionate and committed about developing a career within Swisscontact;
- A bachelor’s degree in any relevant Social Science, Business Administration or Science & Engineering discipline;
- Minimum 1-3 years of progressive professional experience in any field (private sector/research agencies preferred);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bangla;
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office programmes (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Technical background in quantitative analysis (statistics/econometrics) and/or working knowledge of data analysis tools such as SPSS/Stata;
- Familiarity with audio visual communication and graphics designings tool will be considered an asset;
- Is a team player but also has the ability to work independently with limited to no supervision;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask effectively under pressure;
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, decision making and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrates curiosity to learn and acquire knowledge from vastly different sources;
- Communicates clearly with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to maintain a monitoring and evaluation system;
- Results orientated, excellent data presentation, and strong research and reporting skills;
- Attentive to details and quality of work;
- Extra-curricular experiences will be highly valued;
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and is committed to Swisscontact’s core values; and
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity (including sensitivity towards people with disability).
Field visits play a large part in the incumbent’s activities; as such, it is expected that the incumbent is willing and able to take part in such activities as needed and sometimes under short notice.
Working Conditions and Environment
This will be applicable in accordance to the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
Please email your application form along with a cover letter (elaborating your competencies for the position and your expected salary) to [email protected] addressing Head of Business Administration, Swisscontact Bangladesh.
The job description and the application form can be downloaded from our website https://www.swisscontact.org/en/country/bangladesh/work-with-us/jobs.html. Please mention name of the position applied for in the “subject” line of your email. Applications must be submitted on or before 15 May 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for final selection process.
Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage female professionals to apply.